Whether you are a tertiary education provider, training institution, work-place, community group or mental health provider we can educate you and your staff about eating disorders and how to work with people who may (or do) have an eating disorder.
We deliver training workshops to school counsellors, nurses, youth workers, teachers and a wide range of health and helping professionals. We also provide comprehensive information packs in and around the region, which we tailor to suit the individual needs of the person or organisation.
For students or staff in training
We also deliver education and training sessions to various tertiary institutions, at both an under-graduate and post-graduate level. Examples include the College of Education, Massey University (Psychology Dept.), Victoria University (Design Dept.), Weltec and Whitireia. We welcome requests from students to come and chat with us about specific projects, and enjoy assisting with their research wherever possible.
Generally topics we cover would include:
- The different types of eating disorders
- The “realities” of eating disorders, dispelling myths etc
- The current climate of eating disorders / recent research findings
- Signs and symptoms / how to recognise an eating disorder
- What you can do – how best to approach and find treatment options for a person you are worried about
- What our service can provide
We are always willing to tailor our sessions to meet your individual needs. To request or discuss sessions please email us.